Purpose of this policy
This policy is a statement of Monaghan Property Sales commitment to protect the rights and privacy of our clients/customers, in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003. Any breach of this policy will be taken seriously by the company.
Our staff maintain a responsibility to keep your information confidential and will only use it to send or respond to property related information that is relevant to your enquiry.
We do not disclose your information or data to any third parties without your consent.
We will keep your data safe and secure by following some of the below procedures:
- All computers used by our staff are password protected.
- We have a clear desk policy at end of working day.
- We have antivirus software installed on all computers used.
- Locked filing cabinets and locked rooms containing files at end of day
We only collect data from you directly! e.g.В By phone, email or through direct involvement with you.
Personal Data we collect can include:
- Name, address, email address, telephone number.
- Any details needed for the services you have purchased or about which you have enquired.
- Where necessary information relating to your financial means e.g. proof of funds.
Purpose for which we hold your personal data:
- To provide you with the estate agency services which you asked us to provide. (e.g.: Selling your property or finding a property for you to purchase, valuation services, letting services).
- To provide you with updates in relation to the property market in accordance with your preferences.
- To help answer any questions in which you asked one of our agents or staff members.
- Data Protection Principles
We shall perform our responsibilities under the Data Protection Acts in accordance with the following eight Data Protection principles:
- Obtain and process information fairly.
- Keep it only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purposes.
- Use and disclose only in ways compatible with these purposes.
- Keep it safe and secure.
- Keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Ensure it is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Retain for no longer than is necessary.
- Give a copy of his/ her personal data to that individual, on request.
The period for which we will keep your personal information will depend on the type of service you have requested from us. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the purpose it was collected. (Usually seven years).
Subject Access Requests
Under the Data Protection Acts you have the right to request a copy of any of your personal information that we hold. This must be provided to you within 30 days of the request. If you wish to request any personal information held by us please email email@example.com or write to Monaghan Property Sales, Dawson House, Dawson Street, Monaghan, H18 X430.
The data protection officer will always verify the identity of anyone making a subject access request before handing over any information.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google. It sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of our website and compile reports for us on activity of our website.
- Give a randomly generated number to each user to uniquely identify them. Expires after 2 years.
- Give a randomly generated number to each user to identify the current session. Expires after 30 minutes.
- Give a randomly generated number to each user which details how they reached your website. Expires after 6 months.